Saturday, May 21, 2005

Whence Came a Prince


Title: Whence Came a Prince
Author: Liz Curtis Higgs
Genre: Historical Fiction


All the pieces of the story of Jamie, Leana and Rose have neatly come to an end. I feel that I have lived the story of this trio of characters as Liz takes you away to the lowlands of Scotland (a country of my own ancestry).

Whence Came a Prince picked up right where Fair is the Rose left off leaving absolutely no details left undone. The story starts off with a bang and the plot laid out in the first two books grow even deeper. I just sat there and wondered to myself “how is this story ever going to turn out?” I mean, I know the Bible story of Jacob, Rachel and Leah, and knew how that ended, but in the setting of Scotland in 1790, I just didn’t have a clue.

The story slows down for a few chapters as this talented author sets the reader up for yet another change of events. My heart raced as Jamie, Leana, Rose, Eliza, Annabel and the “herds” raced toward Glentrol. Ahead of them was Even, Jamie’s brother, who may quite possibly be looking for revenge at Jamie for stealing his inheritance. Lachan, enraged upon finding out his thriftite stolen, is racing to catch up with them with vengeance on his mind.

Once the hand of God works out these details, tragedy is yet still to become of the McKie/McBride trio. I wont say any more, but by now, the characters in the book are becoming like “friends”, so you may need the tissue box.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this series and at the end, I was pleased to find out yet another historical novel by Liz Curtis Higgs is due out next spring. For more information about Thorn in my Heart, Fair is the Rose and Whence Came a Prince click on
http://www.lizcurtishiggs.com/.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home