Thursday, May 05, 2005

Moonlight on Millpond

Title: Moonlight on Millpond
Author: Lori Wick
Genre: Fiction

This is the first book in Lori Wicks newest trilogy. I actually bought the book for my mom for Mothers Day but had to read it first! Is that really bad?

The book is about Jace who has been raised by his controlling sister and when he moves away, his sister Eden can't stand not being a part of his life. She especially doesn't want him falling in love and having another woman more important to him than she. So when Jace meets Maddie, he doesn't tell his sister right away. When she finds out about the little romance her brother is involved in, just a few well-timed lies and the relationship seems to be over. But...

Some things were unrealistic for me in this book. Like if I were Jace or Maddie it would drive me crazy to leave things so unresolved! I would need some answers before I wouldn't ever want to see that person again. Also Maddie seems to have a little drinking problem and how she handles her distrust of Jace seemed a little over the top.

Moonlight on the Millpond was a feel good book. I totally enjoyed getting lost in the story and thinking about how interesting it would be to live in the time of trains and horses and buggies. Lori Wick is a wonderful "feelings" writer. You really can relate with the characters personalities and feelings. Also, in this book the main characters are not Christians. The trilogy is about Jace and Maddie's spiritual journey

7 Comments:

Blogger dangeresque dan said...

Milpond? What kind name is that?

6:36 AM  
Blogger dangeresque dan said...

This is a chick book. I want guts and bloody war books.

6:38 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Honey- Thanks for the review. I too miss the early days of Lori Wick. That one series about the girl from India/England, and Smokey the Pirate. Now those were GOOD books!

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess we'll have to keep this blog a secret til after mothers day. I love the old Lori Wick books. I could read them over and over every week...wait a minute, I already do!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Wow, did they write that about my mother-in-law!!!

12:36 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Maybe you should write your own story...there could be some $$ in that!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Newsy said...

It is now after mothers day and we want to read this book. Hurry up mom!

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home