Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Birthday Boyz


The month of August brings birthdays to the men of the Clair household. Last Sunday Levi turned 2 and on Wednesday, Larry turned 29 (or did he now??). 

When Levi's birthday comes, it is indeed a celebration around our house because the day of his birth is such a miracle. August 24th could have been a day of sorrow for us, but the Lord so graciously delivered us the most amazing miracle ever. 

My father passed away on a hot August day, so for many years the month has brought some measure of sadness and great reflection to my heart. My dad was a wonderful man and I miss him dearly. However, I am so humbled and overwhelmed that my heavenly Father would bring this amazing miracle of life to us in the form of our son. This year marked the 10th year of my dad's passing, but the 2nd year of Levi's life. I have a wonderful husband and 2 healthy children, so either way I look at it, I have so much to be thankful for.  


This is Levi proudly showing off his birthday crown he received in Sunday School! 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember my kids getting those crowns in Primary, the idea being that one day they will "become a God"

How preposterous, now that I look back on it. How about just bein' a kid???

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home