Thursday, March 31, 2005

Hadassah, One Night With the King

Title: Hadassah, One Night with the King
Author: Tommy Tenny (with Mark Andrew Olson)
Genre: Historical Fiction

Ancient tradition being maintained. A young bride to be uncovers an age old scroll. Thus the the gripping, action-adventure tale unfolds as Tommy Tenny lays out the ground work for the story Hadassah.

This book had me turning the pages as fast as I could read! The story starts in modern day Jerusalem as descendents of Queen Esther (originally called Hadassah) begin reading an account of her life. This letter takes the readers to a story of what could have possibly happened to Hadassah's family (remember she was raised in the home of her uncle Mordecai?). After reviewing a few historical accounts to bring all readers up to speed as to why there were Jews living in Babylon, the actual story of Hadassah begins.

Filled with palace intrigue, suspense and even a touch of romance, I drank in the pages of this book from start to finish. This is the first fiction book that Tommy Tenney has written, and I sure hope he doesn't stop! He has also written a companion book called Finding Favor in His Presence, which shows how Esther was able to find favor with King Xerxes and how we can apply similar principles to find favor with the King of Kings.

In order to really appreciate this book, I would suggest you quickly read through the Biblical account of Esther. Also, my understanding is that there is a move in the words called "One Night with the King". For some reason I was thinking that it was due out soon. Here is the link: http://www.8x.com/onenight/.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great reading, definitly holds your attention. I do have my own opinion about how the Esther story goes but it's interesting reading someone else's idea.

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hadassah is out in paper back now. I still haven't read. Isn't that pathetic. I have heard a tun of good things about this book!
Francine Rivers has a new book out called THe Warrior. IT sounds awesome. Its based on the story of Caleb from the bible. It is on my list of "I want these books" that I gave to my husband.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home